BUREAU VERITAS MARINE&OFFSHORE IS SEARCHING MACHINERY SURVEYOR
Bureau Veritas is one of the world’s leading ship classification societies and offshore safety and verification bodies, working closely with our clients to achieve safety and performance at sea.
Since 1828 we offer solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values include integrity and ethics, impartiality, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations. For more information please see: www.bureauveritas.fi
We are now hiring a MACHINERY SURVEYOR for our Baltic Plan Approval Office, Turku, Finland.
The Baltic Plan Approval Office is a plan approval office covering the needs of clients not only locally but also abroad with ships being constructed worldwide. Our activities are characterized by a great diversity in terms of projects and types of ships but we are expertized in passenger – and ice going ships.
Plan Approval Surveyor’s principal duties and responsibilities
- Review and validation of drawings of marine constructions and equipment within the limits of the applicable Rules, Regulations and delegations
- Continuous development of the level of technical content and data on which the professional judgement is based
- Attend meetings and workshops directly or indirectly in connection with design review
- Act as local point for technical matters related to BV Rules & Regulations and national or international Regulations
- Assist on request in marketing matters and client’s contacts upon request
- Conveying of knowledge and experience to other surveyors
- Adhere to the execution of the policy concerning occupational health, safety and welfare
Preferable education, qualifications and characteristics
- Degree in naval architecture or marine engineering with a few years’ experience in design of ships’ piping & machinery systems
- Knowledge of the maritime rules and regulations
- Good communication skills
- Capability to work both in a team and independently
- Fluent in Finnish and English - both in verbal and written.
- A challenging and independent job in a busy international marine environment
- Opportunities for personal development and growth within the Bureau Veritas network
- A training program to ensure individual training needs are met
- Remuneration packages in line with the job applicants’ backgrounds
To apply for the position, please send your application, CV and salary request by 12th December 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your email “Machinery Surveyor Turku.”
For further information, do not hesitate to contact Mikko Törne, p. +358 10 830 8611.